You’re doing great stuff in your classroom or district. And others need to know what you know! Our goal is to prepare students to be informed, thoughtful, and engaged citizens so we’re specifically looking for presentations related to the overall conference theme of civic engagement and civic literacy.
But we’re also looking for sessions that highlight effective teaching strategies, discipline specific thinking skills, ideas that work with elementary kids, utilizing primary source materials, effective reading and writing activities – just about anything that supports high levels of social studies teaching and learning.
The goal of the conference is for all of us to walk away smarter at the end of the day then when we walked in. So if you’ve got something useful, we would love for you to share it with others!
If you just can’t wait to submit a proposal, head on over to start the process!
Need a few more details first?
- Proposal deadline is July 15. All proposals will be notified by the end of July.
- Each session is 50 minutes long.
- Accepted presenters receive a discounted registration price.
- Your session doesn’t have to be something complicated – maybe it’s just a great website that works for you. A graphic organizer. A unit design. A simulation that you use every year. Maybe it’s a handy rubric. If it’s working for you, then it will work for others!
- Each presentation room at the ESU Student Union will have a projector, screen, and wireless internet access.
- We’re also looking for longer pre-conference sessions that will happen on Sunday afternoon.
If you are interested in presenting a Monday session or Sunday workshop and still have some questions, contact Darla directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Otherwise you can go directly to the session proposal page:
We’ll finalize the conference schedule on October 1st and will send details to accepted proposals regarding time and place.