Download a PDF version of the detailed schedule listing session titles, descriptions, and presenters. (All sessions and events will be held at the Hotel at Old Town Conference Center in downtown Wichita, Kansas.)
Sunday November 5
3:00 – 6:00
– Elementary and secondary specific sessions
– KSDE Social Studies Consultant Don Gifford will highlight the Civic Engagement statewide mandate
– KCEE specialists will share economic integration strategies
Reception with free hors d’oeuvres and drinks
6:30 – 7:30
Awards ceremony with National Council for the Social Studies Executive Director Dr. Lawrence Paska sharing best practices and experiences from around the country.
- Gilder Lehrman Kansas History Teacher of the Year
- Kansas Council for the Social Studies Judy Cromwell Excellence in Teaching
- Kansas Council for History Education Teacher of the Year
- Kansas Geographic Alliance Teacher of the Year
- Kansas Council for Economic Education Teacher of the Year
Special screening of Dawn of Day: Stories of the Underground Railroad and Q & A with Kansas State University professor Brad Burenhiede.
Monday November 6
8:00 – 8:30
8:30 – 11:00
Keynote by Mark Schug, Professor Emeritus at the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee
11:15 – 12:00
Lunch remarks by National Council for the Social Studies Executive Director Dr. Lawrence Paska
12:00 – 1:00
KSDE Social Studies Consultant Don Gifford will share details about the upcoming social studies state assessment and provide an update on the new assessment model coming in 2020.
1:00 – 3:30